[WikiEN-l] Uploading images should be a privilige, not a right

Oldak Quill oldakquill at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 22:49:05 UTC 2006

On 21/07/06, Stan Shebs <shebs at apple.com> wrote:
> But notice it says "edit", not "upload to".

Editing Wikipedia is uploading. Sometimes a user uploads text,
sometimes they upload other forms of data such as images and music.

> If you have a suggestion that doesn't involve large numbers of
> nonexistent volunteers working all hours to keep WP out of
> legal peril, feel free to enlighten us.

Wikipedia already carries out tasks which require large numbers of
volunteers working all hours to keep WP out of legal peril. I'm saying
it is worth working a little harder to keep our values alive.

--
Oldak Quill (oldakquill at gmail.com)