[WikiEN-l] Here's an interesting one

Tony Sidaway f.crdfa at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 12:57:10 UTC 2006

On 1/30/06, Rob <gamaliel8 at gmail.com> wrote:

> If someone disagrees with a deletion result, then lists it on DRV, this is
> generally (with the exception of vanity self-promoters, trolls, and the
> like) accepted as a good faith effort to improve the encyclopedia.
>
> If someone disagrees with a keep result, then lists it on DRV, this is seen
> by many as an "abuse of process" and an effort to "get the result he
> wanted".

I don't think there's any problem with that, although I'd prefer to
see such a discussion take place inn a second noimination, on AfD, not
DRV.  The reason for this is that DRV is not consensus-based;
discussions are effectively votes and a tally is made.  At the end,
the decision is overturned if there is a 75% vote to overturn it.  The
AfD process, by contrast, is much more in keeping with the way we try
to run Wikipedia.

There are other problems with DRV, but I am addressing those with some success.