[WikiEN-l] Re: The deletion paradox

Phil Boswell phil.boswell at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 08:56:07 UTC 2006

"Steve Bennett" <stevage at gmail.com> wrote in
message news:f1c3529e0601301341h6fb8692an77af8bf38061a051 at mail.gmail.com...
[snip]
> 1) Wikipedia has nearly a million articles. A very large number of
> them are crap. The more articles we delete, the better.

ITYM "the more **crap** articles we delete..."

Even better is taking a crap article and making it a good article.

> 2) Deleting articles causes unhappiness and tension. The more articles
> we delete, the more unhappiness and tension.

So improve article rather than increase unhappiness and tension.

> Anyone have a solution?

Yes.

Stop writing silly messages here and hie thee to the Wikipedia and get
improving!

That funny noise? That's me attempting to follow my own advice...
--
Phil
[[en:User:Phil Boswell]]