[WikiEN-l] A quick references survey

Matt Brown morven at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 07:19:35 UTC 2006

On 1/30/06, Geoff Burling <llywrch at agora.rdrop.com> wrote:
> Er, what is this "modern referencing standards" you are talking about?
> Is this some new thing that was voted on & made policy without much
> fanfare, or are you referring to some academic standard like the _MLA
> Handbook_?

Referring to a purely Wikipedia definition of 'modern' - in other
words, up til about 2 years ago there was little push to give
references.  Sometimes we did, but not all that often.  More often, we
just linked a few relevant external links that were probably among
where we got the info from.

There's a lot of articles I wrote in my first year on Wikipedia that
I'd extensively reference if I did them now.

-Matt