[WikiEN-l] A quick references survey

Peter Mackay peter.mackay at bigpond.com
Mon Jan 30 23:58:52 UTC 2006

> From: wikien-l-bounces at Wikipedia.org
> [mailto:wikien-l-bounces at Wikipedia.org] On Behalf Of MacGyverMagic/Mgm

> > Any suggestions for improved methodology? It might be nice
> to harness
> > the wikipedia population to collect some more general
> article quality
> > metrics...
> >
> > Steve
>

> I think we can have quite a simply solution to this. Do the
> same as we did to the images. Stuff which isn't cited within
> a week, can be speedy deleted like we do with images now.
> Just make sure it only applies to articles created after date X.

That sounds useful. I once created an article, saved it as one or two
sentences and went googling for a source and when I came back to the
article, it had, like Mr Wales' bandaid, been ripped off.

May I suggest that if a new article is not sourced within a day, then a
warning template be placed on it, and if nothing is forthcoming six days
later, then delete it.

Peter (Skyring)