[WikiEN-l] Re: note David Gerard's just placed on [[WT:AFD]]

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 13:52:25 UTC 2006

On 1/30/06, Jesse Weinstein <jessw at netwood.net> wrote:
 The disadvantage is it dosn't automatically update if
> the article is changed, but on the other hand, that's actually an advantage; if
> the article changes, we *need* someone to review the references, so having the
> subpage not automatically update is actually a feature.

This I agree with: It's a problem if one person writes a nice
paragraph and carefully references it to a written source, then
someone else adds some other factoids into the paragraph. May we need
to more carefully define the granularity of our information and
references? Eg, every reference applies to one and only one sentence.

To make this not totally annoying, we really need a way of hiding
excess references though. Someone can surely come up with a template
that uses a CSS trick to hide them when not wanted...

Steve