[WikiEN-l] Block of a Notable Wikipedian

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 13:26:57 UTC 2006

Elonka wrote:

>I am a public figure who has contributed over a thousand edits to  Wikipedia,
>and created dozens of articles.  I was attempting to  go through the dispute
>resolution process to build an RfC to address a series of  personal attacks
>that were generated towards me by user DreamGuy, but  earlier today I was
>accused by Admin Bishonen of harassment, and  then blocked
"indefinitely", without
>warning, by Admin David Gerard,  with the comment, "clearly not here to write
>an encyclopedia in any  way."
>More information is available here, including a link to the related
>discussion on the Admin noticeboard: _http://www.elonka.com/wikipedia/_
>(http://www.elonka.com/wikipedia/)

There's a pile of discussion on WP:ANI on this case. There's been a
pile of socks after DreamGuy for a while, and when Elonka started as
well, several admins (me included) presumed this was another one. This
probably isn't the case. Someone else has dropped the block to a week.
I've exchanged email with Elonka on the matter, and strongly suggested
that the abovelinked page be removed or severely toned down if she
wants a happier involvement in general with Wikipedia.

ps: I'm probably about that famous, but I don't state a claim of such
every breath I take. I'm just picturing WMC or someone doing that sort
of thing ... nah.

- d.