[WikiEN-l] More on WT:AFD

Angela beesley at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 09:50:29 UTC 2006

On 1/28/06, Tony Sidaway <f.crdfa at gmail.com> wrote:

> That beiing so, I'd gently suggest that the Foundation *must* get
> involved in this.  Deletion is a mess and the various deletion-related
> forums have become a law unto themselves.  We can't do anything,
> arbcom is scared to do so, and so outside action is required.

Who is the "we" who can't do anything? The community? I do not want to
believe that the community as a whole is in such a bad state that it
could fail to reform its own processes without interference from some
perceived "higher body" - a body that was certainly not elected to
reform deletion processes on the English Wikipedia. If you really
think a body is needed to do that, perhaps it time to elect one of
those instead of relying on one elected to do something entirely
different.

Angela.