[WikiEN-l] More on WT:AFD

Matt Brown morven at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 07:27:18 UTC 2006

On 1/27/06, Tony Sidaway <f.crdfa at gmail.com> wrote:
> That beiing so, I'd gently suggest that the Foundation *must* get
> involved in this.  Deletion is a mess and the various deletion-related
> forums have become a law unto themselves.  We can't do anything,
> arbcom is scared to do so, and so outside action is required.

Personally, it's not so much /scared/ as concerned it is outside the
arbcom's jurisdiction/mandate.  The arbitration committee has not
considered content disputes within its remit, for one thing.
Behaviour and adherence to policy ARE, but I think it would require an
actual, specific case to be brought before the arbcom.

Gross incivility to others is obviously in contravention of Wikipedia
policy, and if such is occuring within *FD I suspect the current
arbcom would consider it within our jurisdiction to rule upon.

-Matt