Re: [WikiEN-l] Our Pokémon gallery

Fastfission fastfission at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 04:24:17 UTC 2006

They aren't "galleries" -- they are small thumbnails which are a
product of being able to sort the images.

I added a modified fair use template to the top of the category page
which explains the copyrighted status of all of the images. We could
play with something like this -- a big notice which says that this is
a category of thumbnails for images which are used in Wikipedia
articles etc. etc. Anyway it is an idea.

If we are going to have fair use images (which it seems we are), we
can't not have categories for them, because it would make identifying,
sorting, keeping track of, etc. impossible, which would create an even
worse legal problem (not being at all aware of what we have, how many
we have, being able to monitor them) than having the category
thumbnails would, in my opinion.

FF