[WikiEN-l] Re: WP:AFD and public relations

Phil Boswell phil.boswell at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 15:54:29 UTC 2006

"Nick Boalch" <n.g.boalch at durham.ac.uk> wrote in
message news:43DA3680.3030904 at durham.ac.uk...
> Haukur Þorgeirsson wrote:
> > Just make [[WP:SNOW]] a speedy deletion criterion: "If you
> > think an article doesn't have any chance of surviving AfD then just go
> > ahead and delete it."
> I appreciate that your comment was intended humorously, but nevertheless:
> half of the point of AFD, to my mind, is that it may bring an article to
> the attention of someone who can improve it to the point where it doesn't
> need deleting.

So you're saying that nominating an article for AFD is a cunning way to jump
the clean-up queue?

That's a Baldrick-worthy plan, and I don't even mean clever Baldrick from
Series One.

As I have said before, if the AFD regulars put half the effort into cleanup
that they do into AFD, there would be many more high-quality articles on
Wikipedia.

HTH HAND
--
Phil