[WikiEN-l] Re: Could an Administrator please look into this conflict?

Fred Bauder fredbaud at ctelco.net
Fri Jan 27 15:42:58 UTC 2006

If a copyright violation is not promptly removed for some reason, the
person or entity complaining needs to be pointed to our designated agent

http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Designated_agent

Such contact is not a legal threat but an appropriate action which
allows Wikipedia to solve the problem.

There is no reason someone could not continue editing under those
circumstances.

Keep in mind that a copyright holder has the right to demand and
enforce removal

One thing that happens, of course, is that demand is often made by
some one that has little or no claim to the copyright they seek to
enforce. Verifying whether a claim is valid is a legal matter which
can be resolved after contact is made with the designated agent.

Fred