[WikiEN-l] Our Pokémon gallery

Haukur Þorgeirsson haukurth at hi.is
Fri Jan 27 15:14:11 UTC 2006

> Oh, it is, but it's the reason they want to link to us which is
> worrying. We should *not* be a collection of movie posters or album
> covers.

Look at this yummie gallery of 200 copyrighted images:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Pok%C3%A9mon_images

Especially yummy, if you wanted to prosecute Wikipedia, is the fact that
the same entity holds the copyright on all of them. Also interesting is
that the gallery makes no note of this. It contains no critical commentary
on the images in question and has no claim to be fair use - nor does it
assert that it is. It's just a web gallery of pretty little copyrighted
images used without permission of the copyright holder - about as blatant
a copyright violation as we could arrange if we tried.

Is anyone doing anything about this?

Regards,
Haukur