[WikiEN-l] Arbcom Committee announcement

Ryan Delaney ryan.delaney at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 12:04:10 UTC 2006

On 1/24/06, Fred Bauder <fredbaud at ctelco.net> wrote:

> After we see who is really on board, perhaps we can split up the
> cases between two subcommittees.
>
> Fred

This keeps coming up, but in the last big "arbcom reform" thread that idea
got shot down because it could (and probably will) factionalize the
arbitration committee and create authoritative inconsistency problems when
one panel receives a high-profile case and rules on it differently than how
the other panel would have. If a similar case comes up in the future, it
will create an environment where the result you get will be determined
significantly by which subcommittee rules on it, and that's something we
don't want.

Ryan