[WikiEN-l] Re: #wikipedia-en-admins

Nick Boalch n.g.boalch at durham.ac.uk
Tue Jan 24 16:51:38 UTC 2006

Alphax (Wikipedia email) wrote:

> We need more people on OTRS and helpdesk-l, and no the two are NOT
> mutually exclusive, so long as they both exist they will both get
> traffic. The more sets of eyeballs the faster things will get done - I'm
> trying to sort through a backlog of 2300 messages, which may or may not
> have been dealt with already, including a heck of a lot of noise, and
> there's a heap of stuff I can't deal with directly (eg. tricky deletions
> and moves) because I'm not even an admin, not to mention that which I'm
> having to forward to board people like Danny.

While I suppress a parenthetical shudder at the extra work, the 'right
thing' to do with helpdesk-l mail that is too complex or time-consuming
to deal with, or that can't be dealt with directly by helpdesk-l
volunteers, is probably to forward it to info-en.

Cheers,

N.

--
Nicholas Boalch
School of Modern Languages & Cultures       Tel: +44 (0) 191 334 3456