[WikiEN-l] Re: #wikipedia-en-admins

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Tue Jan 24 16:06:55 UTC 2006

David Gerard wrote:
> I'm still not convinced #wikipedia-en-admins is a great idea as it
> stands, but it *does* tend to be on-topic more often.

I'm not sure either, but I can tell you one thing it is very very good for.

There are many many times when I need to quietly ask a group of trusted
editors to look at a problematic article -- for example, we get a
complaint from someone fairly obscure, on a topic I know nothing about,
and I look at the article and it is obvious crap.  The channel is
already proving useful in that regard.

--Jimbo