[WikiEN-l] Re: [Flag] Re: Another AfD example -- a seriousproposal to fix it

Phil Boswell phil.boswell at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 12:00:39 UTC 2006

"Travis Mason-Bushman" <travis at gpsports-eng.com>
wrote in message news:BFF6F744.94C8%travis at gpsports-eng.com...
> On 1/20/06 6:02 PM, "Tony Sidaway"
> <f.crdfa at gmail.com> wrote:
>>  But there should be more
>> emphasis on improvement.
> Agreed. But nobody's listening.
> Again, I point out that there are 15,000+ articles piled up on the Cleanup
> queue. I am *not* just going to tag an article "Cleanup" and let it sit
> there for six months. That is *not* a solution.
> Fix the Cleanup system, get an actual Cleanup Patrol going to deal with
> these articles, and I'll be much less tempted to just speedy or AFD
> borderline tripe that I can't make heads or tails of, but sure shouldn't
> just hang around on the encyclopedia like it is.

Isn't this the exact point? If the effort put into relentless AFD nomination
and discussion were put into CLEANUP instead, that backlog could be cleared
much earlier.

And those articles which would have been AFD'd in the meantime? They'll turn
up in the CLEANUP queue later on, and you can fix them then.

It is actually much better to have a sub-standard article, clearly marked as
such and requesting assistance, than a hole in the ground with a sign saying
"the last article on this subject was a crock: don't even consider writing
another because we'll nuke you until you glow in the dark and then shoot you
full of lead".
--
Phil
[[en:User:Phil Boswell]]