[WikiEN-l] Dealing with crap deletion nominations

John Lee johnleemk at gawab.com
Mon Jan 23 10:12:40 UTC 2006

David Gerard wrote:

>Some AFD regulars seem to view AFD/DRV as an independent fiefdom which
>claims dominion over all Wikipedia content, but resists all comment from
>outside (e.g. wikien-l) as interference. *Unfortunately*, it's been causing
>real problems for the Foundation of late. Unbelievable rudeness about
>outsiders, stupendously crap nominations to make a point, actively driving
>away outside experts, etc.
>
>Here is a suggestion: good faith is not enough when the good-faith actions
>are stupidly destructive. Incivility on *FD = 24 hour ban from all *FD
>pages and deletion of comment. Sufficiently crap nomination = 1 month ban
>from all *FD pages.
>
>Ideas?
>

>- d.

I like the "crap nominations" part. I have seen people in places like
Wikipedia Review saying they intentionally disrupt Wikipedia by
nominating a few articles in bad faith every day. Putting a stop to bad
faith acts is an action nobody should be opposing, regardless of who is
doing it or why. The road to hell may be paved with good intentions, but
the road to a good encyclopedia sure damn ain't paved with bad ones either.

John Lee
([[User:Johnleemk]])