[WikiEN-l] Re: Could an Administrator please look into this conflict?

Phil Boswell phil.boswell at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 09:38:09 UTC 2006

"Matt R" <matt_crypto at yahoo.co.uk> wrote in
message news:20060121205704.96069.qmail at web25013.mail.ukl.yahoo.com...
> --- JEFFREY KAUFFMAN <jeffrey_kauffman at msn.com>
> wrote:
> > This is where is gets incredible to me:  she then had me banned
> > indefinitely for "making threats and harrassing."
> You were banned for making legal threats, which are not tolerated on
> Wikipedia;
> you said, "you and Wikipedia are about to hear from my attorney".
> Please don't waste our time.

Just out of interest, I note that the user in question is claiming that his
copyright has been violated.

So at what point does attempting to assert your copyright become "making a
legal threat"?

Should a copyright holder whisper very gently "you're violating my
copyright, but that's OK, we wouldn't want the lawyers involved"?

Having dropped this question into the thread, I am now going to attempt to
find out WTF this brouhaha is all about...
--
Phil
[[en:User:Phil Boswell]]