[WikiEN-l] Admin list--privacy

Kelly Martin kelly.lynn.martin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 00:25:35 UTC 2006

> The privacy of arbcom deliberation has a completely different basis.
> They are not about establishing policy, but about the private issues of
> individual Wikipedians.  It would not surprise me to hear that in those
> heated circumstances the participants do not pay much attention to
> whether their own statements are defamatory.

As someone who occasionally sorts through the Foundation's email, a
lot of that deals with the private issues of individuals (Wikipedians
or otherwise).

I suspect the real solution to this is for there to be two lists, one
for debating policy (noisy, public) and one for dealing with real
problems (private).  Danny can use the second list to feed action
items from the Foundation to responsible administrators to deal with
them in a responsible and discreet manner.

Kelly