[WikiEN-l] Dealing with crap deletion nominations

Haukur Þorgeirsson haukurth at hi.is
Sun Jan 22 19:33:03 UTC 2006

An interesting idea but the research needed to study every single AfD
case, read the discussion and make an informed decision to keep or delete
is far far beyond what a single person can accomplish. We need lots of
experienced people doing that job. Which is exactly the system we
currently have.

I very much encourage David, Tony, Phil and anyone else concerned with the
decisions and discussions at AfD, to participate in the discussions and/or
close nominations. They don't need any special powers beyond those of
normal admins. If you bring up a good case for keeping an article, AfD
will keep the article most of the time. I'd say the biggest problem with
AfD is the labels thrown around - "vanity", "non-notable", "ad" etc. -
nasty to read for the subjects of the articles. Blanking the discussions
after they're done will help a lot.

Regards,
Haukur