[WikiEN-l] A Wikipedia lynching

Sam Spade samspade.thomasjefferson at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 22 01:10:19 UTC 2006

As an aside, my guess is that we do have a Jihadist or two, certainly
on the arabic wiki I would assume. I've often wondered how many CIA
agents and etc.. we have as well. They would be very foolish to
completely refrain from reviewing or interacting with such a dynamic
source of data.

On topic, I think describing wiki-events in hyperbolic terms is
stressful and encourages squabbling. It also embarrasses me and makes
me think i might have go to the pub instead of edit the wiki, if I
want to engage in a rigourous dialogue ;)

Perhaps we could have a lesser version of No Personal Attacks advising
against describing an edit war or deletion of ones vanity page a
holocaustic genocide, or an arbcom case as a "racial attack" and
Lynching (the former I don't know of having occurred, the second
refers to a current ARBCOM case ;)

Sam Spade