[WikiEN-l] Google Earth copyright (now that you bring it up)

Haukur Þorgeirsson haukurth at hi.is
Sat Jan 21 22:19:03 UTC 2006

> That's why I suggest moving all free-license
> pictures over to Commons as soon as possible.

That wouldn't be a bad thing. But remember that it's not as simple as
'free' and 'non-free'. We have *a lot* of images which are in the public
domain in the United States but not elsewhere. Last time I mentioned the
Bridgeman images as an example. Here's another:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Hundingsbane.jpg

This image is in the public domain in the United States but under present
law the copyright will hold in Europe until 2046.

Regards,
Haukur