[WikiEN-l] Another AfD example -- a serious proposal to fix it

John Lee johnleemk at gawab.com
Sat Jan 21 05:20:25 UTC 2006

geni wrote:

>On 1/20/06, Sean Barrett <sean at epoptic.org> wrote:
>

>>I would like to think that -- really I would -- but two years on the
>>ArbComm have turned me into a bitter, cynical, twisted shadow of my
>>former cheery, optimistic, happy-go-lucky self.
>>
>>Have nominations painlessly canceled, with no repercussions at all,
>>would make the deletionists /more/ likely to nominate stuff for
>>deletion, not less.
>>
>>- --
>>

>If you look at the list of deletionists over at meta you will find
>most don't list much stuff for deletion.
>

>--
>geni

As an ironic note, the ADW secretary-general has recently been cursing
"those damn deletionists" on IRC, and I myself (as a member of the ADW)
often cast "keep" votes on AfDs. Most deletionists don't vote to delete
things out of spite (although there are always a few vocal bad apples).

John Lee
([[User:Johnleemk]])