[WikiEN-l] Re: Another AfD example -- a serious proposal to fix it

Michael Snow wikipedia at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 21 02:11:28 UTC 2006

Jake Nelson wrote:

> Note: Copyright violations and other "urgent deletions" (for example,
> as in a past case, the revelation of the real name, city of residence,
> college currently attended, and exact place of work of a certain young
> woman depicted in certain pictures on the Internet under a stage name)
> should be dealt with outside of the system used for normal articles.
> Listing something that is not an "urgent" deletion on the page for
> those should be recognized as a violation of policy.

The reason many people treat the current deletion process as having
urgency is the same reason we get flak for stuff like the Seigenthaler
article. Since we give readers little help in figuring out which of our
articles are decent and which are junk, it shouldn't be surprising that
some people have a strong urge to trash the junk when they see it.

Stable versions, please, any day now...

--Michael Snow