[Flag] Re: [WikiEN-l] Another AfD example -- a serious proposal to fix it

Jake Nelson duskwave at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 01:41:35 UTC 2006

Travis Mason-Bushman wrote:
> On Jan 20, 2006, at 5:25 PM, Jake Nelson wrote:
>>
>> Deleting one valid article is a significantly bad thing; not deleting
>> ten bad articles is so minor a bad thing as to be almost beneath notice.
>
> I would vehemently disagree, especially when among those ten articles
> are hoaxes, thinly veiled attack pages, vanispamcruftvertisements and
> other such content that has the effect of actively making Wikipedia a
> *worse* and *less authoritative* source of information.

Hoaxes: Slap an {{unverified}} up top, edit the page if you've got
evidence it's a hoax to cite that evidence.

Attack pages: #6 for articles on [[WP:CSD]]. Speedy it.

vanispamcruftvertisements: if it meets CSD (Unremarkable people or
groups), speedy it. If it doesn't, slap a warning on it for unverified
and biased, and edit it to something more neutral. Most of the time, if
it's a big blob of advertising-y text, it's copied verbatim from another
site, so just put a link to that in External links, ditch the adtext,
and put a stub in.

-- Jake Nelson