[Flag] Re: [WikiEN-l] Another AfD example -- a serious proposal to fix it

Jake Nelson duskwave at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 01:02:40 UTC 2006

Travis Mason-Bushman wrote:
> So I couldn't AFD [[Bob's Used Cars]], an article on a hypothetical
> clearly non-notable organization that doesn't meet speedy deletion
> criteria, unless I had a pointless conversation on how this article
> which fails all Wikipedia guidelines could somehow magically be made to
> fit those criteria?

"clearly non-notable" - in this hypothetical, is it a business that
actually exists?

If so, it's not "clearly" non-notable: it's debatably non-notable. The
correct action would be not to AFD it, but to put up the standard
boilerplate template about "fails to state the importance", and make a
comment on the talk page asking if anyone can demonstrate that it has
any importance.

If you can't find any evidence of such a business existing, put up
{{unverified}} on it, and put a note on the talk page asking if anyone
can demonstrate it exists.

Then go off and do other things. Check back on it at some point, see if
anyone's provided information that resolves the issue. If not, then you
could AFD it.

-- Jake Nelson