[WikiEN-l] Another AfD example -- a serious proposal to fix it

Rob gamaliel8 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 20:38:09 UTC 2006

This would be a kangaroo court waiting to happen.

We should of course do more to encourage research before someone submits
something for deletion.  However, people have different research skills,
different access to resources for doing so, and differing opinions on where
to set the bar for inclusion.  So this "review board" would either confine
itself to the worst offenses (like the guy who put up [[Jean-Luc Picard]]
for deletion), which can be covered by normal admins and WP:POINT anyway, or
have a chilling effect on WP by essentially criminalizing differences of
opinion.

Submitting an article to AfD really should be no big deal.  Things that
shouldn't be deleted get nominated, but that doesn't mean the sky is
falling.  Just vote keep and get on with editing.