[WikiEN-l] Re: a new category for the living

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 11:22:20 UTC 2006

Phil Boswell wrote:

>This new category would be used mainly, I suspect, as some sort of RC Filter
>so that changes to those biographies can be spotted instantly.
>Obviously, it would be handy if it were possible to display an article's
>**removal** from a given category as well as other changes :-)

Gmaxwell and I were chatting on IRC about this last night, and as part
of his dev work he's apparently got something that will indicate just
that if needed. If it's not too kludgey, it would be a damn fine thing
to have for categories in general.

Although, a de: style template box for articles about people worked
*very* well for them (particularly in the leadup to the DVD), so would
be another useful approach here and not require dev work on the
category system.

- d.