[WikiEN-l] AFD courtesy problem

Fastfission fastfission at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 03:09:33 UTC 2006

> 2. At the close of all VfD debates, the discussion is deleted.  If there
> is a need to have a stub page left there to guide people to the fact
> that there was a prior debate, then create that stub fresh, with the
> history gone.  In the event it is needed, the history can always be
> resurrected by some admin.
>
> Is there anything wrong with this concept?

Alternative approach: Make it so that certain pages, with admin approval,
won't show up on Google or other search robots (use the META ROBOTS tag).
Write guidelines that say these can only be used for closed AFD debates. The
page itself should SCREAM that it doesn't show up in search engines so it is
easy to tell when it has been misapplied.

That way we have the benefit, for our internal use, of knowing past debates
and their results, but our dirty laundry won't be aired to the world (i.e.
Google).

FF