[WikiEN-l] AFD courtesy problem

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Thu Jan 19 17:02:05 UTC 2006

Sam Korn wrote:
> On 1/19/06, Bryan Derksen <bryan.derksen at shaw.ca> wrote:
>
>> Until the deleted version database gets purged again.
>>

> Database dumps should mean that nothing is ever irretrievable.

Once upon a time I asked around a bit trying to find such a database, I
was looking for a copy of [[Wikipedia:Requests for comment/User conduct
disputes archive/Bryan Derksen]] (or [[Wikipedia:Requests for
comment/Bryan Derksen]], for that matter). I hit a dead end. Do you know
where I could find this?

Even if it can be located, though, it's going to be a great deal of
trouble for me to dig out. Database dumps are enormous to download, I
don't have the right software installed at the moment to dig it out,
etc. This makes it far more inaccessible to the average user than even a
normal deleted page, and there won't even be any way to know it was
there in the first place. Deletion really is a bad way to "store" something.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Requests_for_comment/User_conduct_disputes_archive/Bryan_Derksen&action=edit>