[WikiEN-l] Overuse of horizontal rules

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Wed Jan 18 20:22:40 UTC 2006

I use the Classic skin myself; it was the standard when I first joined.
It does not impose a full-width horizontal line after a level 2
heading.  In Wiktionary we decided long ago to use a horizintal line
between languages, with the language names as level 2 headings.  This
has led to periodic complaints from those who use Monobook and end up
with horizontal lines both above and below the language name.

I appreciate the intent of allowing Monobook to be modified bu users,
but that does not do much good for those of us who may be interested in
content, but have limited experience or understanding about amending css
files.  To the extent that they might want to do so, if users are going
to be able to modify their skins that should apply to all skins.

Ec