[WikiEN-l] Pointless deletions

geni geniice at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 13:00:49 UTC 2006

On 1/18/06, Justin Cormack <justin at specialbusservice.com> wrote:

> On 18 Jan 2006, at 12:36, Tony Sidaway wrote:
>
> > On 1/18/06, Justin Cormack <justin at specialbusservice.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> rewrite WP:CORP then.
> >>

> > No thanks.  If the WP:CORP guideline is so useless that it has us
> > deleting articles about companies of this size, it should be ignored,
> > or perhaps deleted itself.
>
> No, it was cited on the deletion.
>
> I would agree with replacing it with any listed company can have
> an article, and unlisted ones need proper verifiable info.

In order to be listed you need the following:

at least £50,000-worth (Republic of Ireland: €38,092.14) of share
capital of which at least 25% must have been paid for.
two shareholders
two directors, one of whom may also be the company secretary
a certificate of entitlement (the trading certificate) to do business
and borrow capital

That hardly makes you noteable

Then there is the bit where companies create spinoff to handle take
overs and the like (I ran across one where I think it was Alchemy
Partners (who should have an article but don't) had managed to put two
layers of PLCs between them and the softwear company they were buying.

geni