[WikiEN-l] Re: Fair use images on user pages and enforcement

Justin Cormack justin at specialbusservice.com
Wed Jan 18 10:38:36 UTC 2006

On 17 Jan 2006, at 17:26, Phil Boswell wrote:
> If you were to upload one fair use image per day, complying
> properly with
> the rules for each one, you would have 365 after a year, having
> broken no
> laws.

Not if they were from the same source.

I can use one sentence of your book as fair use, but if I use them all
one at a time its not fair use any more, as I have copied the entire
book.

Similarly one Playboy magazine cover is probably ok, but the number
we have
probably isnt.

Fair use has to be considered as a whole.

Justinc