[WikiEN-l] AFD courtesy problem

Oskar Sigvardsson oskarsigvardsson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 22:12:38 UTC 2006

On 1/17/06, Brock Batsell <wikipedia at theskeptik.com> wrote:
> On Jan 17, 2006, at 3:59 PM, Sam Korn wrote:
>
> > Can robots.txt use wildcards?
>
> Not according to the Robots Exclusion Standard, so no.
>
> Regards,
> [[en:User:Bbatsell]]

Isn't there something you can put in the head of a html page that
makes search engines not index that page. It would be trivial to
change the mediawiki code to include that in all articles starting
with "Wikipedia:Articles for Deletion", wouldn't it?

The whole blanking it thing and linking to the history, I'm not sure
that would work, wouldn't the robot simply follow the link and index
that page? It would probably be lower in the scores, but it would
still show up in searches.

- Oskar