[WikiEN-l] Unnecessary fork update

John Lee johnleemk at gawab.com
Tue Jan 17 10:43:46 UTC 2006

Kirill Lokshin wrote:

>On 1/16/06, Snowspinner <Snowspinner at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>I have just added the following text to my userpage.
>>
>>==Expertise and deletion==
>>
>>If you can verify for me that you are a subject expert in a subject
>>considered notable enough to include on Wikiedia, I will, on your say-
>>so, close any deletion debate as "keep" within your field of
>>expertise, and will undelete any articles within your field that you
>>say are notable.
>>
>>It's a small step, but it's what I can do.
>>

>Going for that coveted "Admin with the most RFCs filed against him"
>spot, I see ;-)
>
>It's a nice sentiment, but the approach really won't scale that well
>(unless a lot more admins go along with it) and will result in lots of
>upset users.  We really need broader institutional changes to the
>deletion process.
>
>Kirill Lokshin

I agree, Phil. I really think you should clarify this (probably on a
subpage linked to from your statement) or remove it. Even if it's meant
in good faith, it's way too easy for some well-meaning (yes, believe it
or not, a good number of the AfD crowd *are* acting in good faith)
people to take this the wrong way, as I see has already been done on
[[WP:ANI]].

John Lee
([[User:Johnleemk]])