[WikiEN-l] I was wrongfully acused of vandalizing...

Brock Batsell wikipedia at theskeptik.com
Tue Jan 17 02:36:16 UTC 2006

Mr. Thompson,

It appears that your internet connection uses proxies to communicate
with webservers on the Internet, such as those found on
wikipedia.org.  Because of these proxies, your external IP address
appears to change fairly quickly.  Another user from your ISP made
this edit to the Dick Cheney article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?
title=Dick_Cheney&diff=next&oldid=35046943

I think you'll agree that this edit was vandalism.  However, since
your IP addresses change, the person the warning was addressed to did
not receive it, and you, assigned his old IP address, received this
warning instead.  We apologize for this inconvenience — to avoid
these problems in the future, might I suggest you register for an
account?

Regards,
[[en:User:Bbatsell]]