[WikiEN-l] Unnecessary fork update

geni geniice at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 00:17:12 UTC 2006

On 1/16/06, Kirill Lokshin <kirill.lokshin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/16/06, David Gerard <fun at thingy.apana.org.au> wrote:
> >
> > I should add: it's distinctly odd and disquieting to see so many people
> > reacting to this with apparent denial - claiming it couldn't really be
> > because Wikipedia has places that threat people badly enough that outsiders
> > don't want to risk it any more, it must be some other barely-plausible
> > reason. (I remember geni trying to make this out to be the case with the
> > Comixpedia fork even when it was explicitly because AFD were being complete
> > arses.) This is actually a problem and I submit that it's a serious one.
> > Is two enough? Will it be a problem with three or four? It's not the fact
> > of the forks, it's the reason for them.
>
> I'll point out that there are certain portions of the Wikipedia
> population which LIKE the culture of AFD.  These portions are quite
> vehemently against any major reform; and so long as AFD continues to
> operate (and it will, barring another Uncle Ed incident) they have no
> incentive to negotiate over the issue.
>
> Kirill Lokshin

It's not an issue of likeing it. It's more an issue of all the
alturnatives being worse. With the exception of PWD they all move
power away from the community.

People complain there isn't enough disscussion on AFD. They could go
on there and discuss things. Stop voteing and start commenting. I did.
People do respond. Just think if you had as few as half a dozen people
who never voted but commented on a regular basis you could change the
whole place.

People complain the attitude is bad. Well get a group together and
start spreading good atitude.

--
geni