[WikiEN-l] Fair use images on user pages and enforcement

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 07:15:37 UTC 2006

> I really do think that the only way people will not say "but
> $reason means it's alright" would be a blanket ban.  As this
> is not about to come from our community, which is very
> fractured over this issue, it can only come from above.

Is it technically possible at the moment to prevent images marked as
fair use (ie, with a fair use template) from being used in user space?
If so, is there a good reason for not enforcing that?

I suspect it's not possible because images are marked by using templates
rather than, say, categories, but that could fairly easily be changed,
no?

Steve