[WikiEN-l] How to bring back people who don't want to bother?

Stan Shebs shebs at apple.com
Thu Jan 12 20:52:24 UTC 2006

geni wrote:

>On 1/12/06, Stan Shebs <shebs at apple.com> wrote:
>
>>To tie back to AfD, if it were a project's prerogative to define
>>deletion criteria, then AfD could become more of a routing mechanism
>>that delegates articles' fates to projects. I'm not going to scan
>>AfD every day on the off-chance that a nautical topic comes up, but
>>would take time for a lower-volume "AfD/Ships", for instance.
>>
>>Stan
>>

>See the International whaleing commission for why this is a really bad
>idea. And why wikiproject schools would probably end up as the largest
>on wikipedia.

I don't see enough parallels with IWC to be meaningful - they have
large and competing economic interests involved, not a shared goal
of building a single work. And would "schools" be that large of a
project? My impression is that 90% of the contributors only work on
one school, don't even stick around long enough to join a project.

Stan