[WikiEN-l] Re: How to bring back people who don't want to bother?

geni geniice at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 02:37:06 UTC 2006

On 1/12/06, Justin Cormack <justin at specialbusservice.com> wrote:

> On 12 Jan 2006, at 01:45, geni wrote:
>
> > On 1/12/06, Justin Cormack <justin at specialbusservice.com> wrote:
> >> It doesnt have the deletionism or license problems of other parts.
> >>
> >> Justinc
> >
> > They have some lisenceing problems. Mostly in the form of
> > misslabled stuff
>
> ok, but that can be fixed.

Problem is that due to it's lower traffic people are less likely to
notice the problem. Still the people there do seem to react fairly
fast when you point stuff out to them. Pitty about the main page
vandalism incerdent.

> > Incerdently does anyone know how to contact the ukranian wikipedia
> > people? The images on: http://uk.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stauromedusae are
> > copyvios. I tried to contact an admin there who has the EN:3 userbox
> > but nothing has happened. They don't have a embasy.
>
> Stop wikis using stuff that isnt on commons.

Would solve the fair use problem but not really practicle unless
commons is prepared to give admin powers to any en (or pretty much any
language) admin who requests it. Certianly commons only for projects
below a certian size is tempting and it would probably expand commons
further as a media source.

> They do have an embassy - when I got a visa it was up in Notting Hill.

They don't on meta which makes it a bit hard to contact them

--
geni