[WikiEN-l] The Wikipedia Ombudsman

Fred Bauder fredbaud at ctelco.net
Mon Jan 9 14:36:59 UTC 2006

I liked that as I was able to vote for a number of people, including
some that have no chance at all of being elected. If we could only
vote for a few people I would then have to engage in grim
calculations, trying to be very careful when I really don't know all
those people very well. I think I would probably make some mistaken
votes in those circumstances and then have to live with them. Using
this approach I was able to vote for a wide variety of candidates
including some whose views differ from mine.

The thing is, the questions that we really have about arbitrators
can't be answered abstractly. You know something when you see them in
action in that role. It is very difficult to predict. Almost everyone
who ran might be a good arbitrator. Or might be a good arbitrator for
two weeks then we have to beg them to look at cases. One thing I did
consider very negative, lengthy and wordy responses to questions. I
can't stand written or oral filibusters.

Fred