[WikiEN-l] The Wikipedia Ombudsman

Peter Mackay peter.mackay at bigpond.com
Mon Jan 9 06:22:25 UTC 2006

An [[ombudsman]] isn't a judge or a government bureaucrat. An ombudsman is
independent, not part of some appeals process or another knot of red tape.
Nor do they have any special powers. Instead the function of an ombudsman is
to investigate complaints and facilitate redress through existing channels.

Peter (Skyring)