[WikiEN-l] Userbox fads

Alphax (Wikipedia email) alphasigmax at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 06:35:16 UTC 2006

Matt Brown wrote:
> I think it's inevitable that given the high profile Wikipedia is
> increasingly having, more people are getting involved - and a smaller
> proportion of them are highly interested in developing an
> encyclopedia.  Wikipedia is in one of the "top sites" spots now, like
> it or not.

Slightly OT, but I've seen a lot of confusion between the terms "wiki"
and "Wikipedia" due to our high profile; people will call a wiki a
"Wikipedia", people will call Wikipedia "wiki" and people will call
articles "wikis", too.

There's also the added confusion of what is "the Wiki" - is it
Wikipedia, the Portland Pattern Repository (IIRC the "original" wiki),
or Meatball?