[WikiEN-l] Re: userbox : insanity ?

Conrad Dunkerson conrad.dunkerson at worldnet.att.net
Fri Jan 6 17:31:06 UTC 2006

Anthere wrote:
> Technical idea : limit the number of templates on a page ?

I don't think it would help. The first 'solution' would be a pyramid
scheme... if you can only call five templates then the userpage would
call five template pages... which would each call five template pages...
et cetera.

So then we start cracking down on that (it's meta-templating)... and
some clever person eventually realizes that there is no reason
whatsoever that each userbox has to be a separate template. You could
include every userbox on wikipedia into a single template call. That
might limit the order in which they appear, but I think that could be
worked out as well.