[WikiEN-l] Want to publish English version of Wikipedia on DVD and need help/advice

Richard Seltzer seltzer at samizdat.com
Fri Jan 6 12:24:07 UTC 2006

Thanks for  your response.

Sounds like this could be very difficult. It's hard to imagine "filtering"
the entire Wikipedia.
I was hoping that the "articles only" version (without comments) would be
clean and reliable and free of potential copyright problems.
And I would not want to include search software. The basic search
capabilities within Windows could be used. And, of course, a customer could
install any other search program as well.  But, ideally, it should be
possible to simply navigate with links (as one does with the CIA World
Factbook).

Do you have an email address for Tim Starling?

I was  hoping that there would be a way to convert regularly updated
Wikipedia files to a format appropriate for DVD, so it would be possible for
me to offer regular frequent updates.

And is there an email address to officially contact the Foundation?

Thanks again.

Richard

Richard Seltzer, seltzer at samizdat.com, 617-469-2269, http://www.samizdat.com
A library for the price of a book http://store.yahoo.com/samizdat
A summary of our book publishing projects
http://www.samizdat.com/orientation.html