[WikiEN-l] Userbox fads

Matt Brown morven at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 21:36:01 UTC 2006

I think it's inevitable that given the high profile Wikipedia is
increasingly having, more people are getting involved - and a smaller
proportion of them are highly interested in developing an
encyclopedia.  Wikipedia is in one of the "top sites" spots now, like
it or not.

It's interesting to consider that perhaps one of the reasons WHY
Wikipedia has been successful is that it doesn't encourage and
facilitate too much inter-user interaction outside of working on
articles.  It's possibly a good thing that we don't have inter-user
mail, a chat system, or a bulletin board built in to the site.

-Matt