[WikiEN-l] Worthy admins? (was "The userbox fad")

Jay Converse supermo0 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 07:22:22 UTC 2006

> Chris Jenkinson wrote:
>
> The sentiments there are good but not always practical.  I can get far
> more attention with a pointed one-liner than with a long detailed
> analysis of a situation.  That has nothing to do with the validity of my
> assessment.  When it comes to answering messages one needs to be
> selective.  Answering every message can be a physicla impossibility.
>
> Ec

The other disadvantage to doing point-by-point dissertations on a topic is
that you run the risk of the argument being SO LONG that no one will bother
to read it, figuring it's someone just mouthing off.  That's yet another way
to get your argument sidestepped.

I'm not stupid, just selectively ignorant.