[WikiEN-l] Re: Worthy admins? (was "The userbox fad")

Jay Converse supermo0 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 03:49:34 UTC 2006

On 1/4/06, Michael Snow <wikipedia at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Curing editcountitis is not the only solution to the flaws in the
> adminship process, of course. But it's an important element in
> considering candidates based on their qualifications, instead of
> resorting to unthinking substitutes for real evaluation.

I don't think editcountitis is ENTIRELY a bad thing.  Opposing an editor
entirely based off of an incremental counter is one thing.  That shouldn't
be done.  But the fact remains that the amount of edits someone has made IS
pertinent to the discussion of whether the user should become an
administrator.  For instance, if someone wants to be a vandal fighter,
they'd sure as heck better have a lot of edits to articles and to user talk
pages (warnings).

Sorry if I'm missing the point here, I'm just dropping in my two cents.

--Jay Converse (Mo0)

--
I'm not stupid, just selectively ignorant.