[WikiEN-l] Trust metric Was: Userbox compromise proposal

Tony Sidaway f.crdfa at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 00:26:25 UTC 2006

On 1/4/06, Nyenyec N <nyenyec at gmail.com> wrote:
> Currently several tasks in Wikipedia require editor's to make a guess
> about the trustworthyness of other editors.

Trying to quantify this for purposes other than whether we trust their
vandalism identification abilities for the purpose of RC patrol really
isn't  a good idea.  I wasn't seriously suggesting a trust metric when
I raised the term, I was just doing blue sky.

Some people are good at working human stuff out. Jayjg seems to have a
knack for identifying socks.  Snowspinner seeme to be good at being
one step ahead of whoever is after him this time.  I could list many
more people with particular skills and weaknesses.

You can't quantify this stuff, and the minute you did, the system
would suffer multiple breaks.